Sunday, May 04, 2008

Ghost Rider #22 - Marvel


Ok, after a couple of issues . . I think Jason Aaron is going to do just fine on this book. His story here, about Zadkiel and this lost highway of trail-blazing ghosts, is pretty intriguing. I like it. However, and I really do hate to complain, I'm not at all impressed by Roland Boschi's art. I know that I have pretty particular tastes, when it comes to artwork, but I really can't see to many people not complaining about this transition. I'll be the first one to tell you, I think the story is as important, or more so, than the art. But, right now, no matter how good this story is . . the artwork doesn't come anywhere near to doing it justice. And I'm really not trying to disrespect Roland. To do even what he does here takes tons of talent. Talent I don't have. But, in my opinion, in order for this book to succeed . . they need to get a much better artist on board. And no, I'm not just comparing him to Mark and Javier. I understand that eventually all great creative teams have to move on. It's inevitable. But this one, I don't think, is going to work. Let him finish this story-arc . . and then . . please . . do right by this character and give him somebody that's going to help carry him on to further greatness. Right now, it looks like you have the right writer on the series . . we just need to tweak the artist. And, just for the record, I'm thinking that the mysterious guy that the nurses are talking to on the phone is . . Danny Ketch. I may be wrong, but that's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment