Saturday, May 17, 2008

Action Comics #864 - DC


First of all . . cool cover by Kevin Maquire. I haven't seen any of his stuff in so long, it's great to see him featured again. There's only 1 negative thing about reading a title written by Geoff Johns. And that's that the next book I read . . is going to pale in comparison. Geoff just handles his characters so expertly . . the conversations are so real . . it's hard to go back to "comic-book banter" after reading one of his books. But, he can't write everything, so . . we'll just have to fill in some of the blanks on the other stuff. I'm glad the Legion is still around though. After the last story-line, in which Superman had to go to the future to help save the Universe, by showing the people that his legends were real . . I thought we wouldn't see them in this book for a while. But then I forgot about the Legion of Three Worlds story-line coming up, in which Superman plays a major role. This issue is leading directly in to that. I really can't wait. Batman is actually the first one to bring up the fact that he's met 3 different Legions over the years. I think Superman thinks that he's just met the same Legion, but from 3 different time periods. However, I don't think the explanation is going to be that simple. Plus, the the Time Trapper is involved, and nothings ever easy with him. Like I said, this issue is setting up the Legion Crisis story. As were reading through it, we're getting dialogue from the Time Trapper, and he talking about how he's never been able to successfully separate Superman and the Legion. No matter how her tries, they always seem to come back together. So it appears that this story-line that's coming up, is his ultimate attempt to do just that. It's all a little confusing right now. But any story that brings the Legion more exposure is OK with me. By the way, I thought Joe Prado did a pretty decent job with the art this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment