Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Titans #2 - DC


I have to say, first of all, that I'm a little disappointed that Ian Churchill has not continued his art chores with this issue. But, I guess, issue #1 was really the continuation of the Titans East storyline from the Special last year. This issue the art is by Joe Benitez. But I'm also going to include Victor Llamas and Edgar Delgado in that list because I really think this was a collaborative effort in this issue. They are the same . . pencils, inks and colors . . that are on the cover. The style is interesting. I'm not sure how well it fits with the book, but . . I'm willing to give it some time to see how it grows on me. There were some panels that I really like, but . . some others that were a bit . . iffy. The first 7 pages, I thought, were fantastic. But then, through the rest of the book . . there was some stuff I liked . . and some stuff I didn't. But like I said, I'll give it a few issues and then see how I feel about it then. As far as the story goes? I thought it was interesting. I liked the interaction between these guys when they got back together. But, as I commented on Booster Gold, these guys haven't been together in such a long time, I didn't necessarily like that they immediately fell into old stereotypes. They've all grown, matured and are in different places now than ever before. I would've thought their reconnection would've been a bit more . . awkward. But, that being said, I thought it was great to see them back together. Even though they won't admit it. I also thought it was interesting in the place that they've taken Trigon to. It's been awhile, and, as expected, there's been a natural evolution. But . . it's not what you would've expected. However, seeing it, and having it explained . . it makes perfect sense. But the main progress we make this story is in the knowledge that Trigon has . . other children. In the blurb for next issue, they're called . . the Sons of Trigon. They appear to be the ones carrying out his will on the Earthly plane. I can't wait to see where we go from here. Personally, though, what I think is the best about this series . . . we now have 4 regular Titans titles every month. 6 if you count the 2 minis going on right now. That's fantastic, and, I think, well deserved. "Titans Together!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment