Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wolverine First Class #2 - Marvel


This book was ok. I have to say, I liked it better that the recent issue of X-Men - First Class. I'm not sure about the concept. Yes Wolverine has been in the book every issue, so far, but, so has Kitty Pryde. Obviously these are stories a little later in the X-Men history, as compared to the X-Men - First Class title. This was a time when there was a different team in place than in the other book. But, I'm just not sure what they're trying to do here. Are they just trying to show the X-Men when Wolverine was on board? Or are they trying to show how Wolverine affect the X-men by being there? Or, are they trying to show how the others related to him? That's just the part that I don't get yet. Anyways, we get to see Kitty's and Wolverine's interactions again this issue. We also get to see Mariko. This story takes place before she dies. And, as icing on the cake, it's Wolverine's birthday, so, of course, Sabretooth shows up to try to keep the pup in shape. Or in check . . one or the other. I will say that this title has a bit more of an edge to it that the other, but then, with it's recent issue, I don't know that X-Men - First Class title is going to remain as loose or as free-spirited as it has so far. Which is sad, because I liked that feel on at least one of the X-Men titles. Fred Van Lente is the writer on this series, and Andrea DiVito is the artist. Both seem to be doing a more than capable job so far. I do enjoy the book. I'm just a little up in the air as to the overall theme. But, I guess any excuse for another Wolverine book on the shelves is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment