Monday, May 12, 2008

Superman / Batman #47 - DC


As I'm getting ready to read this book, I'm thinking, "Ok, this Kryptonite story-line has gone on long enough. As much as I like the story, and love the art, it's time to move on to something else. Let's wrap it up this issue and start something new." And then . . then I read this issue. Wow!! That's really all I can say. And, honestly, that doesn't even begin to do it justice. This book blew me away. First of all, let me say Shane Davis is knocking my socks off with this artwork. He first came to my attention on the Mysteries in Space book. I thought he was good. Now . . now I think he's incredible. I've made the argument before about how certain artist and inkers work well together. Well Shane and Matt Banning art the perfect duo. Really, some fantastic stuff in here. Our teams latest search took them to an asteroid, somewhere in our solar system. There's some huge deposits of Kryptonite there, but when they got there they found out that someone had already been mining it. They found weapons and tools left behind. When traced, they lead to a diner in Kansas. Long story short they find a huge bunker underneath, filled with Kryptonite, and Kryptonite based weapons. It turns out the government sanctioned a group to come up with a means to take Superman out, should the action become necessary. And it's run by . . wait for it . . none other than Amanda Waller. She has a team that's holding Superman down, and she takes Batman captive. Eventually Superman gets the best of the team. But just as it looks like her plans about to fail . . she brings in her other weapon, the All-American Boy. Superman's standing face to face with a Kryptonite laced . . . Doomsday! Michael Green and Mike Johnson are doing an incredible job with this story. Like I said, I really expected this to be the wrap-up issue, and I thought it was about time. Now? I can't wait to see more. What a fantastic book. Huge props to the talent . . all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment