Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wonder Girl #2 - DC


I like that we're looking in to Cassie's life, and struggles a little more. I just not overly thrilled with the artwork of Sanford Greene. It's just a little to . . . simplistic for me. Also the J Torres story, while intriguing, spends an awful lot of time this issue convincing Cassie that Hercules is on her side. Of course he's not. And of course he's going to end up betraying her. When it comes down to it, Hercules always looks out for himself. That's why he's not a good character for team-ups. But, it was interesting when he kept changing his shape, so he could keep track of Cassie, by popping up in various aspects of her life. The coffee grinder guy was hilarious. And the Mercury Express delivery guy was logical. Especially since Hercules made and delivered a new battle-armor to Cassie. She's reluctant to wear it, but . . . her other outfit was destroyed. So, ". . when in Rome . .", literally. Anyways, Cassie is going around trying to clean up, and contain, the residual effects of the Amazons Attack! story-line. She's really not doing a bad job on her own, but, admittedly, Hercules does help. He comes in handy. Especially when, on the last page, the Female Furies show up by jumping in to Cassie's face. I really hope that Cassie comes out of this series a little more well balanced. And, I also hope that she remains a part of the Teen Titans. I really like the story-line about her and Tim Drake. Especially, should Connor come back, or be cloned, or whatever. Overall I liked the book. My only real complaint is the art. But that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment