Friday, October 19, 2007

All*Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder #7 - DC


Check this out, we definitely seem to be back on our bi-monthly schedule here. That's great. These books really are fantastic. But, they're so much better when they come out on a regular schedule, and you can remember what came the previous issue, without having to go back and reread it. I mean honestly, what can I say about Jim Lee and Frank Miller. They're 2 of comics greatest icons. And they're together, here, in this series, with one of comics greatest characters. This truly is the golden age. I feel, the way Frank is writing this series, that this is the way Batman would truly be . . . if he hadn't been scrutinized by the comic code for 50 some odd years. He'd be little deranged. He's be a little over the edge. And he's be a little full of himself. He's on the dock this issue, with Black Canary. He doesn't know anything about her. He doesn't know her name, her powers or even if she's good or bad. All he knows it that he's seen her fight. A little bit. It's her against these guys. So he decides to jump in and help. Black Canary can't do anything but stand back and watch. After all he's like a one man wrecking crew. As she's watching, she's thinking, "He doesn't stop. He doesn't spare a one of them. Not a one. Before I can even catch my breath, they're a bunch of bleeding, burning heaps, they are. And god help me, here I am thunderstruck in love with the man. The Goddamn Batman." So she tells him, "Has anybody ever told you, my good-man, that you are totally HOT!?" And they end up jumping on each other, and doing it on the dock. Afterwards he offers her a ride home. Like I said, if creatively he hadn't been under that constraint for all those years, I really think that this is the character that he would've evolved in to. And next issue . . . we add the Joker to the mix. Fan-frikkin-tastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment