Friday, October 19, 2007

Batman / Lobo - Deadly Serious #2 - DC


Ok, I gotta say, I really like Sam Kieth's work. His story is cool. And his artwork is incredible. Really, the only problem I have with this story . . . is the ending. It's . . . pretty lame. Ok last issue we found out that we have this alien . . parasite . . I guess is the best word, that goes from female to female. It seems to be looking for something, but we never do find out what that really is. We do know that it needs a body to survive, but, the longer it stays in the same one, the quicker it burns it out. Plus, for some reason, it goes in to this psychopathic rampage, for no other reason than it can. Anyways, last issue it bounced to about 4 different women. The last one they capture at the beginning of this issue. They try to contain her, but really all they're doing is holding the body. This entity can travel from person to person like so much smoke and fog. So this issue, it leaps in to Lobo. I guess it has something to do with the high estrogen levels in his body. Didn't really understand all that. But they're in the middle of the desert, so it has to find a female host. Also some help has arrived this issue, for Batman and Lobo, in the form of a woman agent named Astrella. But apparently her plan all along was for this alien entity to jump in to her body, and then Lobo is supposed to kill her. Which he does, it's over, and that's the end of the threat. I'm sorry?? As fast as I told you how it ended, that's how it is in the book also. One minute they're fighting it, and the next is over. 1,2,3 . . . BAM!! Kind of anti-climatic. But I guess . . . that's that.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda had the same problem and was just looking for an answer on the net. I guess Batman knew Astrella or something like that. I think there's a part of the ending that we missed...

    ReplyDelete