Friday, October 19, 2007

JSA Classified #30 - DC


This issue, we're still on the Mr. Terrific . . I'm sorry "Mr. Horrific" . . . story-line. It's written by Arvid Nelson, with art by Alex Sanchez. Arvid is weaving a nice little tale here. It involves international espionage, government secrets, and the Nazi's. I have to say that Alex obviously has talent. Otherwise he wouldn't even be doing the book. But . . . I just don't like it. I really think . . . and this is just my opinion . . . that the problem is in his inking his own pencils. While that's an admirable ability, I think that he needs a more experienced penciller to refine what he's trying to accomplish. His layouts and perspectives are good. His panels flow pretty well. But doing his own inks over his pencils, I think he's leaving to much on the page . . . line and finish wise . . . that's not really necessary. I really think he shows alot of promise . . . I mean, look at the angle and perspective of that cover . . . but he needs some help with the finished material. Anyways that's just my opinion. The story revolves around a Nazi rocket scientist, and a project left over from WWII. They're going on about how after 60 years it's finally operational. Mr Terrific follows them to their stronghold, in the Arctic Circle I believe, and is going to try to thwart their plans. But before he can really do anything, the whole facility seems to have been taken over by the long dead Heinrich Himmler. So while his intentions were to find out what was going on, he may have to end up pulling these Congressmen's butts out of the fire. Nobody likes a whistle-blower . . . until he saves your life. This Senator Enfield may just be thankful that Mr Terrific bothered to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment