Friday, October 19, 2007

Batman #669 - DC


Ok, I'll admit that I love Grant Morrison's story-telling abilities. I personally think he's a genius. And obviously JH Williams III is just as inspiring a talent on pencils. The look and feel of this book is incredible. My only complaint is this whole Club of Heroes thing. First of all we have these 10 or 12 guys, including sidekicks, that have all taken on the mantle of Batman in some form or another. True they've been adapted to their individual environments, but, they're really just playing dress-up. Sure there's a couple of them that could be serious contenders. But, overall, it's just a hobby for the rich or aimless. They're all just really trying to find something that makes them feel alive. Especially this John Mayhew that owns this island that they've all been led to. Supposedly this Mayhew was killed before they all got there, they've seen the video, but I think it's pretty obvious that he's behind the whole thing. And what do you know? He is! He's posing as this villain, from the Club of Villains. They have to have nemesis' after all. I think Batman pretty much knew what was going on from the beginning. I think he just wanted to see how it all played out. The problem I have with all this . . . is the ending. It seems to come out of nowhere. We've gotten this far through the story with little or no background information. Then, all of the sudden, at the end, we get all this information to explain what happened and why. Like it was all just pulled out of somebodies ass or something. Like I said, I admire all the creators of this book. I just think that this was just fill-in or something. Something that was thrown together to fill up 3 issues. I may be wrong. But that's how it felt to me. Overall I liked the book. I just didn't enjoy the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment