Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ultimate X-men #86 - Marvel


I've been complaining about this book a lot lately. And honestly, this issue, isn't any better. What I feel like, is that this story is like a big jigsaw puzzle. All the pieces have been thrown on the table, and the story is being told in whichever order they're picked up. We have a whole bunch of stuff going on, and we know it's all related, and connected but we don't know how. Also we're back to that point, I feel, that nothing was learned or resolved this issue. We have that thing I've been talking about, where a story-line is dragged on for 6,8 or 12 issues, for no other reason than to drag it out. This is another issue that could be completely left out of the reading, when you go back to try to make sense of the whole thing, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. Well, except for the last page where Bishop cries out not to harm his wife. He's talking about Psylocke. Bishop's from the future, so obviously something happens sooner or later between them. But, since he's from the future, he could be from an alternate future. Wouldn't his presence here alone be enough to change it? But the point I'm trying to express is really, when it all comes down to it, who cares? It's all just a bunch a crap. Recycled storylines. Trying to make it seem original by forcing new relationships. But, like I said, I don't care. I love the X-men. I hate this book. In fact I'm not putting anymore effort in to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment