Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Superman / Batman #40 - DC


This is a fantastic book. Alan Burnett and Dustin Nguyen have put together a really nice story here. My only complaint . . and really it's minor . . . is that none of my questions from last issue have been answered. I still think we're dealing with a Superman / Batman team from another earth. But . . . I have nothing to prove that. Also, this issue, Batman is saved from Superman's rampage by Bekka, Orion's wife. Orion's wife? I don't think I've ever heard of her before. Am I wrong? Did I just forget something that I read from the New Gods? And why is Batman lusting after her so much? So much so, that he can hardly keep him mind on the tasks at hand. It appears that this whole thing was put together to try to retrieve High Fathers staff from the source wall. When High Father died, his staff disappeared. But Desaad has found it. But it's going to be almost impossible for he or Darkseid to try to remove it. So that's why they've enlisted Superman's help . . . voluntarily or not. But this is why I'm confused about the alternate Earth thing, there's reference made in this book about how when Darkseid was attached to the source wall, he was drained of his powers. That's what's going on with our Darkseid. Or are they one and the same? Like I said last time, these multiple Earth stories are all very confusing. Especially when it's a longer story-arc, and nothing is explained until the end. Don't get me wrong, I still dig the book. I just wish I understood the story a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment