Friday, October 19, 2007

Green Arrow and Black Canary Wedding Special #1 - DC


This was a fantastic book. Nothing at all like I expected. I even picked up the 2nd printing . . . completely by accident . . but I'm glad I did. I can't believe, at the end, that Dinah . . . . . . . . . . well . . . I better not give that away to soon. Just in case you didn't read it yet. And if you didn't . . . STOP!. Don't go any farther. Go get it, read it, and then come back here. Because, I really don't want to spoil anything for anybody. Anyways it starts out with the usual stuff between these two. They're working together, they're fighting together, and they're loving together. All the while, they're bickering back and forth and loving each other. But that's just the nature of their relationship. But before I go any farther, I want to say that I thought this was a great story by Judd Winick. Also I really liked Amanda Conner's artwork. Surprisingly she made Dinah look pretty damn sexy. Meeowww!! It funny because these 2 usually go from heated arguments to heated sex. But out of the blue, Dinah decides that she wants to hold off until they get married. Why now, all of the sudden? Who knows? But it's hilarious watching Ollie beg and grovel. "How about we do it now, and this will be the last time before we're married? . . . . I wasn't kidding. One for the road? . . . . . You're walking away, but I'm still engaged in the debate!" "Sounds more like begging!", says Dinah. To which he replys, "Well, I was halfway to the store, little bird!!" Hilarious! Anyways, as we all knew, there was this big plan, by Sivana and Deathstroke, to attack the heroes, while everybody was together. Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with that plan though . . . does there? So they launch some missiles to draw out all the big guns, and then they shield up the place and warp in and attack. The funny part about the whole thing though, and sad too kind of, is that between Dinah loosing her ring and transforming in to the whole bridezilla thing, it's hilarious to watch her beat her way through the crowd. She even goes to the point of kicking Deathstroke in the nads. "Fifty pounds of body armor on me and you think I'm not wearing a cup?" Of course they all over-power them, and route the attack, but Deathstroke still ends up slipping away. The wedding resumes, the party goes on afterwards, and then . . . . it's on to the honeymoon. And man does Dinah have a present for Ollie. Unfortunately so to does he . . for her. But it's not what she expected. Does anybody wonder how come, in the adds for the new Black Canary / Green Lantern series, that it shows Conner, not Ollie, on the cover? Well that's because in the middle of their foreplay, Ollie pulls out a knife on Dinah. She doesn't know what to do. He is a man after all, and he's all ready on top of her. So out of instinct, she grabs for something, and then ends up . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . stabbing Ollie in the neck with one of his arrows. Is he dead? Was he possessed? What's up? Well . . . as in all cliff-hanger endings . . . they aren't telling us anything. We aren't going to know anything until we read the first issue of Green Arrow / Black Canary. Man . . I hate this. But, Man . . . I love this. What a fantastic series. I absolutely love what Judd Winick is doing with these characters. Hurry up! Gotta' get me the next book. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment