Friday, October 19, 2007

American Virgin #19 - Vertigo


I have to admit, that after 19 issues, I kinda' like this book. It's different. It's quirky. And from a guy like me, who grew up with nothing but super-hero books, that's saying a lot. I even like these Celia Calle covers. They're different. But . . kinda' neat at the same time. Adam and Vanessa are in Paris now. And they're letting the romance of the city take them over. Adam's still haunted by Cassie's ghost, but he's trying very hard to shut her out. And that's really what the whole book is about. They go from one site to another, like the typical tourists, and they make out every where they can. Adam is so distracted by Cassie, that at one point, when he's talking to Vanessa, he accidentally called her the wrong name. Whoops! Major faus pax. I had a girl do that to me once when I was a teenager. She was drunk, and called me by her boyfriend's name, whom she had just broke up with. Talk about breaking the mood. Anyways, Adam decides that he wants to sleep with Vanessa, so he also has to decide that she's the one. And in order to make that official, he proposes to her. She accepts, and they head to the honeymoon suite. While Cassie's ghost is sitting outside the door crying. The next issue is titled "69". Take it however you like. I would say what's keeping me interested in this book is Steven T Seagle's stories. He seems to be acutely aware of these people's personalities and characters. Maybe he's writing from experience? But I don't know how many teenage boys have been God's spokesmen for abstinence.

No comments:

Post a Comment