Saturday, October 27, 2007

X-Men : First Class Vol.2 #4 - Marvel


This issue is yet another chapter in the life of our young X-Men. I know I've said this before, but, I really like the feel of this book. Almost better than any other X-book. I love the X-Men. And I love all their grandiose story-lines. Actually, the X-titles are some of my favorites. But, sometimes, the trying to save the world, or the universe, thing is just way to much drama. I mean, think about it. Most of the time the reason we read comics is to escape the everyday trials of life. They take us away. Like a soap-opera. But sometimes, things are just to heavy, for way to long. Everybody should have a respite. A moment of peace. That's the feel I get from this book. It's shortly before they get sucked in to the whole "us against the world" stuff. So the things they're thinking about is "who likes who", or "who I'd do if I had 1 to pick". You know. That kind of escapist stuff that ran through our heads before we had mortgage payments, and car payments, and utility and credit card payments and such. Before we were worried about tax shelters or IRA's. And before our heroes were worried about Magneto, or Mastermind, or the Hellfire Club, or any other in a long list of oppressors. The kids are just trying to have fun and fit in. Scott's going on vacation with his brother. Jean is going on vacation with her parents. Warren is off to wherever he's off to. Actually he can pretty much go anywhere he wants. Means and Mode you know. And Bobby and Hank, at the professor's request, have decided to hang out and take a road trip. They're a lot more alike than they realize. So I guess I'm saying, I like the book because it's a quick read, and good clean fun. We should all have a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment