Saturday, October 27, 2007

Teen Titans Go! #47 - DC


By now, if you've been following any of this at all, you already know that I'm a big Teen Titans fan. And as far as I'm concerned, Teen Titans Go! is just as good as the regular title. Well . . maybe not the current one. The current one is pretty awesome. Anyways, I like the characters, and I really like this whole Johnny DC imprint. Personally, I think that the previous problems with the comic industry stemmed from the fact that the books were targeted for a very specific audience. Which is fine, because those were the people that had always supported the titles. But, there just wasn't enough diversity to bring in new audiences. And really nothing to attract the attention of anybody who didn't already, in some form, participate in the hobby. But now, on any given week, the genre of the titles are all over the place. I think right now is probably the most diverse our market has ever been. There's pretty much something out there for anybody. And now, using the Johnny DC titles as an example, and the cross promotions and publicity from the cartoon series, it seems like they're really focusing on the younger, and newer readers. Which, let's face it, is the only thing that's going to sustain this forum in the future. Which is why I keep buying these titles for my nephew. Plus he thinks they're cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment