Saturday, October 27, 2007

Jack of Fables #15 - Vertigo


I really do like this book. But I gotta tell ya . . . we go off in some really strange directions with these characters. This issue finishes up the whole John / Jack of Fables storyline. It turns out John was the original, and Jack was the copy. I'd explain it to you . . but it's way to long winded. Suffice it to say, once Jack believes that he is the copy, he pulls the sword out of himself and places it in John. His theory and reasoning is "If your the original, then you're supposed to be the center of the story. Not me." Makes sense to me. I guess. Anyways, John's companion, Raven, comes down to rescue them. But when he finds out that Jack is the copy, he realizes that he's the one he's supposed to walk with. So between that and the sword sticking out of his chest, they decide to leave John in the canyon. Which he isn't to happy about. Meanwhile back at Golden Boroughs, the man they captured it brought in. Mr. Thorn is actually . . . Revise's father. He likes to go out into the world, so they strip him of his memories. But eventually, they start to come back. However, this time the memory well is being used, so they can't put him in it for a while. So he's just going to have to sit tight. We also find out that Gary is actually Revise's grandfather. He's Mr Thorn's father. I know it's all pretty strange. I really think Bill Willingham is messed up when he writes these stories. If you were stoned, they would probably make a lot more sense. But . . . that's what's funny about them. This is a crazy series. But I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment