Thursday, November 08, 2007

Wonder Woman #13 - DC


This is another J Torres story. I just got done reading the one in Wonder Girl. But Gail Simone takes over next issue. Julian Lopez does the pencils. Which I like, because he reminds me a little of Al Barrionuevo. Which is a good thing. I really like the additions that have been made to Diana's cast of characters here. Sgt. Steel and Nemesis are both good additions to the book. Plus now she has a true secret identity. Diana Prince of the DMA. What we learn this issue though is, first Diana seems to be committed to her secret identity. I was afraid that it was going to be a passing thing. But, it looks like she's going to stick with it. Secondly, Diana won't be directly involved in Cassie problems. She's had the opportunity a couple of times to intervene, but before she can this time, Cassie and her mom have taken it on the lamb. Diana is also committed to her help with the JSA and the JLA. She's probably not 100%, but, you know she'll always be there should they need her. And finally we learn that Wonder Woman is indeed exiled from Themyscira. Or at least she thinks so. Actually Circe has sealed off the island so that Hippolyta is the sole inhabitant. So she has also accepted her role as Wonder Woman. This story-line started out as, "Who is Wonder Woman?". Well I don't think it was so much a question of who, as what it is that defines her. Which she comes to the conclusion on the final page, " . . . I am a champion of peace . . . I am an Amazon . . . I am Wonder Woman!" Fantastic book! And it should only get better with the addition of Gail.

No comments:

Post a Comment