Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Mighty Avengers #5 - Marvel


I'm really surprised that we're up to issue #5, and Frank Cho is still on this series. Honestly I didn't think he's last this long. Don't get me wrong. I love his stuff, and I think he's a fantastic addition to this book. I just didn't think he's stick around this long. Of course the book has fallen behind schedule a bit. We should actually be up to about issue #8 by now. If it came out on a regular monthly basis. The biggest thing I worry about that is, with the structure of the Marvel universe, it gets kinda hairy, continuity wise, when a key book falls behind schedule. And I would consider the Avengers a key book. Now Moon Knight isn't a key book, but it is behind schedule. The issue that just came out is still a Civil War cross-over. Anyways, we're still dealing with the whole Ultron / Tony Stark thing. Even though Tony is appearing in all kinds of other books. There's also this whole symbiote thing, that the Mighty Avengers take part in . . . it's happening in New Avengers . . . but this book hasn't even got there yet. But a solution for the Ultron problem is just around the corner, as this issue Ares borrows some of Dr. Pym's Antman technology, and has shrunk down and flown in to the mouth of the beast. Literally. Now I don't doubt that Bendis will pull this all together. He is writing both books after all. But, it's still got to be quite a headache for him to try to keep both books story-lines and time-lines close together. It would be hard even if they were on schedule. So my sympathies out to you, Brian. I really like this book. So I hope nothing happens to it. But we really do need to get it back on schedule. Good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment