Saturday, November 17, 2007

Action Comics #857 - DC


Ok, I've just come to the conclusion that this was just a goofy story-arc. It really was . . just . . . silly. Superman and Jonathon have ended up on the Bizarro world. And so far Superman has done nothing but made it worse for Bizarro. They're under a blue sun, so both of them have different powers. Bizarro has this Bizarro-vision, that allows him to procreate new occupants to his world, just by focusing it on one of the other Bizarro's. Which I guess, is how he created the Bizarro Justice League. Anyways, through all of this process, somehow, Bizarro has fallen out of favor with all of his world's inhabitants. Which saddens him. But, with an idea sparked by Jonathon, Superman convinces him that they need to play a little game. Superman is going to go around and fix everything, and Bizarro will follow and tear it back apart. The Bizarro's view Superman's actions as making their world ugly, and then when they see Bizarro attacking him, they feel that he's trying to save their world and . . . ta-da . . he's back in favor with the populace. And Superman and Jonathon head back to Earth. Now, just because I can explain the story, doesn't mean that I necessarily liked it. I still find Bizarro stories to be very annoying. However, I really did like Eric Powell's art. Especially the scenes that were off of the Bizarro planet. And of course what can you say about Geoff Johns and Richard Donner, but that they're both brilliant. It isn't really their fault that I didn't like the story. It was more a matter of the material they had to work with. But I went on a rant about that in my last Action blog, so I won't go in to it again this time. Let's just say, I can't wait until next issue when Gary Frank takes over on the pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment