Friday, November 09, 2007

Green Arrow - Year 1 #6 - DC


This ended up being a great series. Andy Diggle did a fantastic job with the story. He kept it true to the origins, but updated it enough to keep it relevant in modern times. And, he kept all the original themes there. Superb job. And Jock's pencils? They were just brilliant. They're rather simplistic, but in the frames provided, told the whole story. His frame flows and pacing were spot on. You'd think he's been doing this for years. It was a very smooth story. And look at that cover. It's incredible. I don't think we could've asked for a better creative team for this book. Of course Ollie defeats the villains, and through his actions help to free the islands slaves. He also gets the whole operation turned over to the authorities. My only question about this whole thing, is how could this guy ever assume that he could have a secret identity after this. I mean it's not like his costume really hides his identity. All he wears is a hood for pete's sake. But I guess that's the leap we take in the comic book stories. And really, if that's the only question I have . . . I think that's some pretty good story telling. Now we finally get to move in to the Black Canary / Green Arrow series. I was worried when the series was cancelled. But really . . . ever since then . . . I've usually gotten at least a double dose of Ollie every month. Fan-frikin-tastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment