Thursday, November 29, 2007

infinity inc. #3 - DC


I really think this book has a lot of potential. However, this particular issue, kind of let me down. Not so much in the story department, there's really a lot of stuff going on. It's a little confusing right now, because we don't have a handle on who all the players are yet. But, overall it's a good story. It's trying to cover a lot of ground quickly, which is where I think some of the confusion comes in. But I think, after a couple more issues, we'll be better equipped to differentiate between all the kids. The only ones I really know who they are for sure is John Henry, or course, Natasha and Nuklon. But that's really only because he looks so different from the rest. But beyond that . . what's going on with their powers . . . we don't have that sorted out yet. No I think the disappointment came in terms of the visuals. Max Fiumara has done all 3 issues to date, but he had some help this issue from Travel Foreman. I'm not sure what the extent of his involvement was, but there are some pages in here, that are very simple and . . . well, basically not up to standard. And I'm not sure what's up with the whole color thing. I'm sure it's for effect, but I'm not sure what the effect they're trying to attain is. Anyways, like I said, I think this book has a ton of potential. After all Peter Milligan is writing it. I just think we need to do something about this art . . . before the book is cancelled. It's a great concept, it's a unique cast of characters, and it's all pulled together by a fantastic writer. This, however, is a visual medium. In order for this book to really have a chance on the shelves, it needs to have a better artist. Or at least a more consistent one. I'm really not trying to rag on anybody, but I'd really like for this book to have a chance to succeed. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment