Friday, November 09, 2007

Ultimate X-Men #87 - Marvel


Ok, I don't even want to get in to this story this issue, because to me . . . I found it pretty boring. As I've said the last couple of issues, it just seems like rehashing old story-lines here. This seems more like a story I would've read in Uncanny, back in the late 80's or early 90's. Nothing really original here. And really, with this Ultimate line, that's what I've come to look forward to. New and fresh ideas. Innovative new story-lines. A different way to look at things. But that's definitely now what this current storyline feels like. Okay, we thought Hank was dead . . but he's not. Big whoop! Happens all the time in the X-Men Universe. Psylocke is actually Bishop's wife. So what. It's just a future version of Psylocke. And since Bishop comes from 20 or so years in the future, anything could happen between now and then. Whoever thought Ororo and T'challa would get married? Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that we've come to count on the Ultimate Universe to explore ideas that maybe we couldn't in the regular Marvel Universe because of history or continuity or whatever. As an Ultimate book, anything goes. Nothings been written in stone. So, with all that freedom, why as a writer, would you choose to do a story-arc that could slip in to any X-Men book. Why would you not choose to go a different direction than the normally traveled path. It's to crowded there anyways. Create your own path. Be original. Take a chance. All I'm really trying to say is that I'm really disappointed with this book. Very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment