Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New X-Men #43 - Marvel


The biggest problem I have with my blogs is that I get to far ahead in my reading, and then when I go to write my comments, it's not as fresh in my mind about what happened in a particular issue. I'm finding that I have certain books, in which the story, words and art, really stick out in my mind. But then I have other books that, I've read them but, they're all kind of a blur. This, really, is the basis behind my picking out what I really like . . . and what's just minutiae. This book is one of the later. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge X-Men fan. If you follow me at all, you've seen that I've read pretty much every X-book there is out there. Well, except for Cable/Deadpool. But I'm working on that one on E-bay. And I really like these particular characters. However, it's not a book that really excites me. It does in a way that I know I'm reading about the next generation of X-Men. Much in the same way when I used to read the New-Mutants book. Not the previous version of this book, but the original. And now we see Sam and Rahne and Danielle all mixed in with the regular X-Men teams. I know that some of these characters will be there someday. But right now, the book just doesn't really jump out and grab me. Right now, because of the whole thing with the Purifiers, the Predator-X threat out there, their recent trip and transition in Limbo, Josh's powers and role on this team going up and down, the Cuckoo's amping up David's role a bit and the senior team evaluating all the students and putting them in actual X-Men uniforms, there's a lot going on. And it's keeping me interested. But I don't find it . . exciting. I feel like the whole team, really, is being transitioned. But . . transitioned to what? I want to get excited about this book. I really do. And, hopefully, soon . . . I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment