Monday, November 12, 2007

the Flash #233 - DC


I like this book. And I'm glad that Wally is back. However, I didn't like the art in this issue, as well as the previous two. Freddie E Williams does the art in this one. And I do think he's talented. However, for some reason, between him and Pete Woods, they're just both so over exposed right now. It's ridiculous. Plus, with Daniel Acuna doing the art for the last 2 issues, I was spoiled a little bit. However this issue does have a really nice Doug Braithwaite cover. Basically this issue, Wally is still fighting the aliens that have come to Central City through the water. In doing so, he's inadvertently involved his children in the battle. The Justice League have been watching him since his return, and are concerned about the involvement of his kids in his activities. So he has to give them the whole story about their hyper metabolism and how they're trying to keep it in check so that they don't wake up one day and their kids are like 19 or something. Plus that fact that their powers are also fluctuating in strange and unexpected ways. The only thing we really haven't found out yet is where they were, what it was like, and how they came across all this amazing machinery. But I'm sure we'll get to that sooner or later. Anyways, while Wally's expressing his concerns about his children's well being, his son, Jai, is listening. It's always a bad day for a kid the first time you learn about your own mortality. There's also a back-up featured that pencilled entirely by Doug. It's really amazing looking. And speaking of the aliens where Wally was residing, I think this story tells of the first time they had an encounter with a Flash. This one was Jay. But he does save their planet from being conquered by an alien race, so they feel indebted to him. So I guess this is how we're going to learn about the place where Wally's kids were born. Interesting book. I have to say, I'm glad that Wally is back. However, I do miss Bart. You know . . . since he's from the future, couldn't an earlier version of him come back in to our timeline? Just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment