Saturday, November 17, 2007

WetWorks #14 - WildStorm


I want to like this book. The problem I have though, is two-fold. First of all, it bothers me that Whilce Portatio is no longer involved in the creative process. To be brutally honest, he's the reason I came back to this book in the first place. Without his direct involvement, I just kind of feel like I'm reading . . . a fake. I'm not trying to be mean. It's just how I feel. Secondly, I'm really, really tired of this whole vampire thing. It's just goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on. Get it over with already. Ok. I understand that it's something that's just always going to be there. Even if they win a battle, the war's not over. But it doesn't have to be the central theme of every issue. The issues when we were exploring Ab-Death's world were interesting, because they were different. And I understand that the first story-arc, the one involving Thea Mater, was really the spark that reignited the human/vampire war on our Earth. I understand all that. But Dane and Mother One aren't the only members of this team. Aren't the rest of them out there working on something else? Isn't there any other emergencies anywhere else in the world? Or does the whole world revolve around Yugoslavia right now? I'd really like to see the hint of some other story-lines evolving out of something . . somewhere. I'd like to stick with this book. But, if it stays on this track . . . if it's dragged out for much longer . . . I'm just going to have to spend my $3 on something that gives me more pleasure. Like maybe boxes or backing boards. The art is ok. Frank Gomez is doing a decent job. I just need to be stimulated, intellectually, a little more. Please!


No comments:

Post a Comment