Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-heroes #35 - DC


I really like what Tony Bedard and Dennis Calero are doing with this book. My only problem is . . . and it's really just my problem . . . but I can't help but feel that all of this is moot. Jim Shooter's going to be taking over this book pretty soon, and I just don't see what the point of all of this is. But like I said, that's just me. I need to enjoy the moment. I need to enjoy the current story-line. But, I tend to be a person that looks ahead. I do the same thing when I'm reading the books. I read some, look ahead, and then read some more. Especially if I know that it has some type of dramatic, or cliff-hanger, ending. I spoil it for myself every time. I guess it's just a flaw in my character. Anyways, with this book, we're still on the hunt for Cosmic Boy. But I get the feeling that Brainiac 5 knew exactly what he was doing when he split the group in to these smaller teams, and what they were going to be facing. I think he knows exactly where Cosmic Boy is, but he's keeping everyone busy in the meantime. . . for some reason. But as with most things involving Brainiac, you never really know, or get the grand scope of, his intentions, until all has been said and done. When you look back, it all makes sense. But in the moment . . . he's always suspect. Such as Timber Wolf, Atom Girl or Shadow Lass when them come in to confrontation with Starfire on Lallor. He knew exactly what he was doing. And, how could he accidentally stumble across a assassination attempt on the President? Then we have Supergirl, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl running in to some type of evolved humanoid in the Gobi rain-forest. Actually it kind of surprises me that we still have a rain-forest in the 31st century. Anyways, this guy reverts to his caveman form for physical confrontation. We don't know the full extent of this story, but I'm sure we'll find out more next issue. And finally, Brainiac seems to have some type of plan going for incursion back into the 21st century. Does this have something to do with the Lightning Lad storyline that ran through the JLA? Or maybe the current storyline running through Action? Either way . . the Legion seems to be all over the place right now. And Starfire . . . who's actually called ERG 1 right now . . . has something to do with next issue's story. So apparently, Shadow Lass' team was sent there specifically to recruit him. Like I said, schemes within schemes. But overall, I thought it was a good book. It's got a great story-line, and superb art.

2 comments:

  1. "But, I tend to be a person that looks ahead. "

    I get what ur saying, but isnt this, and not to be snarky, kind of YOUR problem? I'll be waiting for your response if you have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my problem. But, I read so many preview sites that sometimes it spoils my enjoyment of a story. But I also like to know what's going on, and where the next "big" story will be coming from. So I guess it's a trade off. I just miss that awe and wonder we had back in the 70's and 80's when you didn't know who was going to die, or who was going to turn good or bad until you picked up the issue. I love our current accessibility, but I miss the element of surprise.

    ReplyDelete