Thursday, November 29, 2007

JLA Classified #46 - DC


Ok, yet again, I have to say that I'm glad that this storyline is through. I was really getting bored with this one. I love all these characters, and I relish any chance we have of learning more about Jonn and the Martian race. But this one, just dragged on a little bit longer than it needed to. In the end, it turned out that Jonn simply had to accept the help of his wife and child, as well as that of his friends, his new family, and he would have the strength to defeat and stop his malevolent brother, Ma'alefa'ak. That's a mouthful. Ma' had Jonn on the ropes. To the extent that he was using his physical form to fight and harm his friends. His goal was to break Jonn, and take total control of his mind. Which is why he hid is wife and child away from him, in his mind, because he knew that their love and strength might be more than he could stand up to. Which, with the help of his friends, proved to be the case. It did however, when he broke the connection with Ma', provide a psychic feedback that essentially put him in a coma for a couple of days. The League had to call in Zatanna to help them enter his mind and try to pull him back. They did so, and were successful. Praise be to the gods of Mars. Anyways, it was a decent story, by Justin Gray. I just thought that it dragged on longer than it needed to. I was also happy to see Rick Leonardi the pages of comics. My only complaint with the artwork is that I don't think that the ink did his pencils justice. Much to heavy handed in most cases. But that's just my opinion. Again, I enjoyed the story, I just got bored with it. Next story please!

No comments:

Post a Comment