Monday, November 12, 2007

X-Men #204 - Marvel


Huberto Ramos has been drawing this book. And I really am a big fan of his. However, this issue is done by Mike Choi, and Sonia Oback doing the color art . . . and it is really incredible looking. I really enjoyed the art through the whole book. They did the cover also. We're still on our Marauders storyline. However, after reading this issue, I don't think we should write-off Mystique or Gambit yet. I think they're both involved with what's going on, but I think there's more to both their stories than necessarily what we've seen up to this point. I think they're just biding their time, waiting for the moment when they'll get what they want out of this. I think they're both hoping that the ends will justify the means. And Blindfold is going to play a major part in this story. That's why she had to fake her own death. She had already seen that the only way the X-men could come out on top of this was with her insight. So she knew what she had to do, to avoid the Marauders. Bobby and Cannonball have made it back to the mansion also, but Sam is really beaten up. Not to mention that Sinister started doing that mind-wipe on him also. Scott is all messed up because of Cable's death. But that was just that version of him. Say it was the 32 year old Cable. Well if the 29 year old Cable is still in the future, than he could still come back to see Scott. I don't know why he hasn't thought of that yet. But anyways, this whole things lead straight in to the giant cross-over, Messiah Complex. Apparently that is the event that the Marauders are waiting for, and the X-men don't know about yet. I do have a complaint though. Specifically the Endangered Species storyline. This book holds chapters 16 & 17. Basically, as a final attempt, Hank goes and tries to talk to Wanda. She doesn't know Hank, and she doesn't know anything about her previous life. So the quest has ended. Nothing resolved, and nothing accomplished. I don't get it. What was the point? Maybe Hank jump-started Sam's younger brother's powers. But really, that's the only thing I can see coming out of all of that. Maybe this Messiah Complex will shed some light on it. I don't know. Right now I'm just frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment