Saturday, August 04, 2007

New Excalibur #21 - Marvel


Of course this is a fantastic story by the incomparable Chris Claremont. I love this guys work. I'm thrilled that he's on this book, and taking control of these characters. Jeremy Haun does the art this issue. I'm not sure what he's done before, or where he's come from, but I like his style. Well . . . actually I should say . . . I like his style in regards to the feel that it brings to this book. His artwork isn't fantastic. But it's very appropriate to the look and feel of this book. Also, I would guess, that he's relatively new. And with that being said, I think he shows a lot of potential. I think he need to work on the way his frames flow a little bit. But I do see a lot of potential. In this issue, our team is dealing with the aftermath of Albion's attack on England. He wiped out, temporarily I'm sure, all power and technology on the island. In his words, " . . I've taken Britain back to it's beginnings . . . the better to remake it in our image." So for now, as seen on the cover, our team is handling all the immediate dangers of such a loss. Which includes airplanes. Surprisingly the Black-X team also seems to be helping them. I think it's the whole "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. Actually I think they're just biding their time until they can take on Albion directly. And speaking of Albion, Sage, who is posing as a follower of his, was hurt in the last issue. So now this issue, it appears as if she's lost herself in her role. The Black-X Cyclops tries to take out Albion with his beams, but Sage jumps in the way. And with her sword fights the beam back to their source. Which means, to be able to stop it, she has to remove the source. Which she does, in the manner of removing Scott's head. I would say that she's definitely submerged herself in to her role. And this is where the issue ends. I've always been a fan of this team. Ever since their first incarnation. And I really like the way this team is going along. My only complaint is that Nocturne has been knocked out of commission. I'm sure that Chris has future plans for this aspect of the storyline. I just hate to see her riding the bench. But, I guess, we'll wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment