Sunday, August 05, 2007

Justice Society of America #7 - DC


I'll tell you what, between this book and the Justice League, DC's really coming on strong with it's team books. Of course it helps that Geoff Johns is writing it. He is just fantastic with these characters. The interaction and development is . . . genius. But they are killing me with these $10 variants every issue. I like seeing that the value of them are going up, but . . . . my wallet's crying. And then we got the variants on Green Lantern and Superman / Batman? I'm going to have to get a part time job. Anyways, Dale Eaglesham is also doing a fantastic job with this book. I liked his stuff before. I wasn't blown away by it. But I thought he was ok. Right now though . . . I'd have to say that he's probably in my top 10 favorite artists. The majority of this issue is spent on bringing us up to date on the Hank Heywood character. When the Fourth Reich attacked his family, at their family picnic in Dayton, he stabbed Reichsmark on the inside of his throat, and molten metal flowing through his veins absorbed in to Hank's skin. " . . you began growing a solid steel Patella, Tibia . . and entire new leg. Then came the metal muscle fibers. And now your skin has been transformed it to some kind of organic steel." The metal suit that they put on him, which looks so much like his father's, is to tone down his strength movements. Although he's completely ambulatory, he's going to have to learn to control his strength, and learn to deal with not having any feeling or sense of touch. Oh, and rather take on the name Commander Steel, like his father, he's just going to be called Citizen Steel. Also, Superman stops in to check on Starman. Thom makes a vague reference to the multiverse. But neither he nor Superman knows what he's talking about. This really is a fantastic book. This and the League are probably 2 of the books I look most forward to every month. And with the amount of books I buy . . . that's saying something.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say "Hi!" and that I enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete