Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ultimate X-men #84 - Marvel


I really don't like to complain. Especially about the books I read. I love this medium so much. I would just like everything to be outstanding. And honestly, the majority of it is. This book, however, as I've stated for the last few issues, is actually kind of boring. And that's pretty unusual for an X-book. That's not to say there isn't stuff going on in this book. It's just not up to the par of the usual X-titles. And it's definitely not up to the par of what I've come to expect from the Ultimate Universe. The only real revelation in this book is when Betsy and Syndicate come back to the X-mansion because they haven't heard from Charles in over 2 weeks. Scott finds out that they have been working . . . undercover, sort of . . for Charles. Betsy has been working on the Muir Island situation, and looking in to the Fenris twins. Syndicate has been working against the Hellfire Club. She's pretty upset when she finds out that Scott has disbanded the X-men. So when Cable shows up, to ask for Jean's help in looking for the last member of his team, he's surprised to find out that she's actually there. And when they see on the news that some mutants are being attacked in town by Sentinels, he, and Betsy, are more than willing to jump in to the action. Meanwhile, Storm has been back at their new base in Australia coming up with new uniforms for everyone. So when we see them jump in to the action on the final pages of the issue, they're all wearing their new costumes. And then on the final page we see the Fenris twins watching what is going on and saying, " . . . everything is going exactly as planned." Robert Kirkman writes it, and Yanick Paquette draws. I'm not saying I like these characters any less. I just find the last few issues kind of boring. I really hopes that turns around.

No comments:

Post a Comment