Sunday, August 26, 2007

Black Canary #3 - DC


This guy Paulo Siqueira, who pencils . . . half the book, is really coming on strong. I think he first came on the scene in Birds of Prey. He showed a lot of potential there. Now . . his stuff is really looking good. I'm not sure why, but Tom Derenick pencilled the last half of the book. I have to say I actually like Paulo's stuff better than Tom's. And of course we have a great story going on here by Tony Bedard. Dinah is on the rampage because she wants to find Sin. Of course she goes to her ex-husband, because it was just to coincidental that he helped find the school, and then she's abducted. So he puts her on Merlyn's trail. And that's when she really starts kicking ass. They're in Merlyn's office ready to confront him, and he tells her, "Y'know, I beat your boyfriend single-handedly!" Dinah simply says, "So did I!" And then she drops him about 7 stories through an atrium and into a pool. But they know that Sin has to be travelling back to China, because this whole thing is because she's supposed to be the next leader of the League of Assassin's. They find the only cargo ship leaving port heading that direction, and they quickly find and retrieve her. The problem Ollie has with the whole thing is, "Even if we get lucky, this won't be the end of it. The League will just keep coming after her till they get their way. We're going to need a long-term solution for Dinah and Sin . . . . meaning if I really want to help Dinah, I might have to break her heart . . . again." Which is probably why at the end, it looks like Sin's been dropped overboard in a life boat, and then the life boat's been crushed under the freighter. Obviously she's not dead. But that's what it looks like right now. Hopefully, the League believes that also. I was really upset when they cancelled Ollie's book, these are some awesome characters. But they have a lot of plans for these guys. This series, and Green Arrow Year 1 is going on right now. Then there's the wedding special. Actually I think there's 2. Then, later this fall there's a Green Lantern / Black Canary book scheduled. I'm not sure if it's an ongoing or a mini, but as long as we get to see them every month, I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment