Monday, August 13, 2007

Aquaman : Sword of Atlantis #54 - DC


Ok, this one was more than little confusing. Even Arthur, a couple of times in this book says, "Ok . . I'm totally lost." They give him some explanations about Sub Diego, Progene Tech, and Geist. Again, "I'm not getting any less lost. Anyone want to explain?" Anyways, Arthur already has himself a pretty big cast of characters. There's King Shark, Topo, Tempest, Lorena, Cal the Mayor and his wife, Chief Marley, and a few other stragglers. Oh yeah, and his dad's back this issue also. Basically, they came back to Sub Diego, an issue or 2 ago, I think, and Black Manta was running the city. Well between Arthur and his crew, and King Shark biting off Manta's face, they end up chasing him off. This issue they find out that Manta was actually working for this Progene Tech. And the real reason he took over Sub Diego was to get access to all the DNA samples. He was reporting to them regularly. They also find, in the lab, a large vat of Joker toxin. When they do a little more digging, they find that this Progene Tech has a subsidiary right here in Sub Diego, Tri-dent Industries. Arthur and Lorena decide that they're going to go talk to them. They're met with more than a little resistance. They're both captured, and Arthur is used, by Krusivax, to get his father to do what they wish. That's where the reunion happens. But there's also a little confusion here. Arthur thought that he survived his dad's lab explosion, and that's when he started living in the water. But his dad says he died, " . . . months before the lab was destroyed. I was there . . . I held your hand as you stopped breathing. You can't be Arthur, because my son is dead!" So more confusion in this already confusing story. On top of that, we find out that Progene Tech was actually founded by Vandal Savage. Who has now come to Sub Diego. "I've just escaped from prison, Merman, and I'm in a foul mood. Don't waste time on chatter . . . point me at something I can kill." Like I said very convoluted story-line. They're coming at this one from all angles. I just wish I knew which angle was the right one. And why we haven't heard anything more about Orin's corpse turning to water. "Lucy . . . you got some 'splainin to do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment