Saturday, August 11, 2007

Wolverine Origins - Annual #1 - Marvel


In this annual, Logan has returned to Mandipoor. This ones written by Daniel Way. Which is good. It bugs me when they have someone other than the regular writer write the annuals. They don't end up with the same feel as the book that way. This one's drawn by Kaare Andrews. Same artist as Spider-man: Reign. And I gotta say, now that I'm not comparing him to Frank Miller . . . I really like his stuff. I like the feel that he gave this book. Anyways, Logan is looking for an old love of his. Her name was Seraph. Actually she's dead. But . . . she was always kind of cryptic with him, so he thinks that she may have left a clue behind for him as to his origins. The time that he knew her was during WWI. And whether he wants to admit it or not, she played a big part in him being the person he is today. "I've known how to kill since birth. What Seraph taught me . . . was how to get away with it." But eventually he lost her. As he does with all his love interests. But she never told him her secret. Which, now that he's getting so many of his memories back, is why he's come looking for it. She actually did take it to her grave with her. Literally. When he opens her casket looking for the jewelry box, instead he finds a named scratched in the bottom of her gasket. All it reads is . . . . . Romulus. So now he's found the answer. But he doesn't know exactly what the question is. So I'm sure this will play out over the course of the next year in the title book. This has turned out to be a very revealing series. And I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment