Saturday, August 11, 2007

Amazons Attack! #4 - DC


This is the next chapter in our completely ridiculous and unwarranted war between the Amazons and the US govt.. Now don't get me wrong. I like this book. I think that Will Pfeifer is doing a good job with the story. And I think Pete Woods is doing a bang-up job on the art. I love the way they're connecting the story with the solo titles and with Countdown. Everything connects, but there's not a lot of overlap. You don't read one thing here, and then when you pick up the solo title, read the same exact story, but by a different artist. We really just have 2 . . . maybe 3 questions here. First of all, why is Hippolyta declaring war on the US govt.? Ok . . . I know it started out because they were holding Diana prisoner. But that's over and done with now. Hell it was pretty much over about the same time the war started. The next question is, how and why is Circe manipulating all these events? Basically we know that she's behind it all. But why? What is she hoping to gain? In that first question is another one really. Why was Hippolyta brought back to life? And is it really her? I mean if Circe was manipulating the events, couldn't she have just done it with the current ruler of Themyscira. I mean why did she have to bring Hippolyta back to instigate them? And where's the point where Hippolyta says, "WHOA!!!!!!!!! This is getting way out of hand. Maybe we bit off a little more than we could chew here. My bad!"? Like I said, I like the book. I like all the character interaction. But we're going on a premise here that's completely out in left field. The last panel on the last page show Circe. The caption reads, "She's supposed to be dead. She's not." Umm. . . . .DuHHHHhh! I think we knew that. Wasn't really a big revelation there. I don't know? We have 2 issues left. Maybe it'll make some more sense before the end. But somehow . . . . I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment