Saturday, August 25, 2007

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-heroes #32 - DC


Ok, I'll admit, I was very sad to see Waid & Kitson leave this book. I really like what they did with it, and their style. Now . . a couple of issues in to the new creative team . . . I have to say I like Tony Bedard's take on these characters. Recently in their search for Cosmic boy, he split them up in to mini teams so they could search more areas. Well they believe that Brainiac put certain members together because of their natural conflict. Almost like he didn't want them to succeed. Personally, I think, as a writing method for Tony, this was a brilliant choice. We learn more about characters through conflict, than just every day life stuff. So by putting members together that may not naturally go together, he's forced to write them to their characters and not adjust the characters to the situation. Does that make sense? It does to me, but I don't know if I expressed it right. Suffice it to say, that I'm very pleased with the actions he taken with this story already. Some brilliant choices. Secondly, Dennis Calero's art . . . . is really good. The type of story that Tony is creating here, is very much enhanced by the mood and style of Dennis' pictures. I think these two are going to work very well together. The king is dead, long live the king. Anyways this issue focus' mainly around Star Boy, Sun Boy and Mekt who have gone to Winath to search for Cosmic Boy there. There they come across Tenzil Kem, a UP lawyer, who, in the service and interests of the UP, is also looking for Cosmic Boy. This whole issue is basically their struggle and dislike for each other, while trying to accomplish their mission. Star Boy is really the only voice of reason. But our heroes and Tenzil get separated and Tenzil is led in to a trap. It seems that this Validus and the Lords of Lightning have taken control of all the minds on Winath. And they're about to make their move against the Legionnaires. Like I said, very nice issue. Good story and great art. But I did miss Supergirl this issue. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment