Saturday, August 04, 2007

Danger Girl - Body Shots #3 & #4 - Wildstorm


Don't ask me why, but there are no pictures of Danger Girl - Body Shots #4 out there. I don't know why? I've gone to several of my resources, but I can't find anything. If I do find it later on, I'll come back and put it in to the blog. I know, it's not that big of a deal. But, like I've said before, I don't like to leave things undone. So . . . it'll be here eventually. Anyways this wraps up our mini-series. I really like the job that Andy Hartnell is putting out with this story. He was a co-creator of them originally, so he should know his characters. And it does show in his stories. I also like that he handles it kind of like an Indiana Jones movie. It's one hair-raising situation after the next. I have to admit that I like Nick Bradshaw's art in this series too. I'm not trying to say that in a bad way. I just always associate JScott Campbell with the Danger Girls. But, now it's almost to the point that Nick has done as much work on them as Campbell. So even though Campbell was their creator, I'm almost thinking of Nick's work as the definitive version. I mean there's nothing to be ashamed of in that statement. Nick really is doing a fantastic job. He started out mimicking Campbell . . a bit. But now he seems to have brought a lot of his own style to the page. He's done a really good job of filling some big shoes. Anyways, it turns out the the whole "Master Key" thing was just a charade. Agent Zero took the Presidents place when he submitted himself as Franco's hostage. From there he took out Franco's goons and takes one of their places. While Franco has the Girls in a death trap, he comes to Franco, as one of his goons, showing him what has happened. A fight ensues, Zero takes out Franco and frees the Girls. Zero then takes the place of Franco to expose the person who set off the nukes. Meanwhile, Deuce and Valerie are back aboard the yacht, and are about to be assaulted by the military. Well as it turns out, the General was the one behind the whole thing. There's a bit of a skirmish but they end up taking him down. Of course it helps that Deuce had the real President aboard the yacht to back up his story. This was a really nice mini-series. Had a good feel and a good look to it. I just hope we don't have to wait so long to see the girls again.

No comments:

Post a Comment