Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Painkiller Jane #2 - Dynamite Entertainment


I really like this book, and this character. My problem now? I think I've been jaded by the TV series. The preview issue, and issue #1 were great. This one? Left me feeling kind of dry. I was waiting for something to happen . . . . but it never did. While I was reading this one, I kept thinking about it in reference to the TV series. To me, it kind of seemed like the kind of story they do there. No real action. A bad guy/girl, who basically seduces Jane and the doctor, and then turns it around on them. Big surprise there. But it may be that she made a mistake and came after the wrong person. So next issue, will she team up with Jane, or just go on her merry way? And in the preview issue when she talks about never getting tattoo's because they won't stick to her, why then does she have one on her ass? As far as the art work, by Lee Moder, I thought it was good. Jane, and this mystery woman both looked very sexy when they needed to. But again . . . no action! I thought this was an action book? Also it didn't seem like it was a full size comic. I could be wrong, but it seemed like it was less than the standard 22 pages. I just think if we're not going to put as much story into these books, and they're going to make us wait so long between issue, than the story needs to be of a better caliber, or at least enough to keep our interest until the next issue. By the time the next issue comes out, I'll have no idea what's going on. But, it's still early in the series, so I'll give it a little while to see if it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment