Thursday, August 30, 2007

Deadman #12 - Vertigo


Ok, this book isn't really making a whole lot more sense to me yet. But then again, I guess is doesn't have to, since it's almost over. But that's a shame, because we have some huge potential here. Anyways, lets see if I can talk it out. Basically, Scott and Brandon, 2 brothers, have this power. It started out like remote viewing, but really that's only the tip of the iceberg. Brandon didn't even know what he could do until he died. Anyways, Scott and Sarah get together and have a baby. Scott had apparently partaken in experiments. I'm not sure if it started in college . . or where, but some people started seeing some huge potential in what he could do. They, or someone, decided that between his power and Sarah's scientific intelligence, they would create a baby of extreme power. Somewhere along the line though, I think after Scott and Brandon were killed, they came along and took the baby, and put it in the body of Eve Cayce. Not sure why, or how, but . . . that's what we got. So Brandon, being biologically linked to all of the above, and because he loves Sarah, is basically stuck in the middle of everything trying to sort it all out and fix it. He's trying to get Sarah her baby back. He's also trying to stop anything bad from happening to it, even it being used by the wrong people. He also is trying not to hurt Eve. And, while all of this is going on, he's trying to sort out just exactly what the extent of all his powers are and how this all works. Which is all kind of confusing, because he can also travel between dimensions, see different time-lines and different realities. And to him, they all seem real. Just different. So anyways, this issue ends with the baby being born, and it looks like Sarah and Brandon's essence is inside of it. Was that confusing enough for you? Well I believe they only have 1 issue left, so maybe it'll all come together then. But I have to admit I really like this character, so I hope they have some future plans for him. Maybe some mini-series or something. But really, it depends on how I feel after I read the next issue. Maybe I'll want the guy to just disappear. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment