Thursday, August 30, 2007

X-Factor #22 - Marvel


We have more than a few questions to answer this issue. First, is Layla dead? The opening scene . . . I wasn't sure what that was all about, but then it's played out in it's entirety at the end. It appears that Nicole is trying to . . or did . . kill Layla. What about this Josef Huber? Who is he, and where did he come from? He claims he's here to help Jamie, but one of his dupes warned him " . . I've been chasing leads . . seeing patterns where everyone else sees only chaos. I know what's coming. I know about Uber." Not exactly the same name. But . . to close for comfort. So while he's listening, he's got his guard up. Monet and Siryn are working on the case that X-Factor's been hired for, pertaining to the twins that sing the gospel according to mutant-haters. Apparently their grandparents want to see them, but their parents aren't upholding their visitation rights. There's got to be more to this than that, because . . . well just because . . . really. Why does Rahne keep wanting to jump Rictors bones? She knows that she did something wrong, but when they try to talk it out . . . they end up in the same position . . . more or less. Who's pregnant? I'm thinking Monet. But that's just my guess. Like I said, lots of plot lines . . but not a lot of answers. At least not this issue. But, then again, I guess that's what keeps us coming back for more. As far as the Endangered Species story-line . . . well . . . we all saw it coming . . . Hank and the Dark Beast are going to be in bed together. Ewwww! I didn't mean it like that. I meant that they're going to be helping each other try to figure out the problem with the mutant race. Although I'm sure they both have different agenda's . . . . we don't really know what the Dark Beast's is yet. He downloads his memories from the Age of Apocalypse directly in to Hanks brain. It's not a pleasant experience. But is shows Hank what he's capable of if he were to go to far. Then they go to an abandoned nuclear plant in Alamogordo NM. I know this stories being told in 17 parts . . . but . . . . . . well I'll save my complaints for later. The results of this story may be dividend enough for the complaints I have now. So . . I'll hold off. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment