Saturday, August 18, 2007

Batman #666 - DC


On the surface . . . this was a great book. Interesting story. Great art. But, the problem I have, we don't know how this story fits in to the Batman mythos. Is it an imaginary story? Is it an alternate earth story? Is it the future of Batman, Damian and Talia? It's never really explained to us. Basically Damian has grown up and taken Bruce's place as the Batman. "I knew I'd never be as good as my dad or Dick Grayson. Bit I promised I wouldn't leave Gotham without a Batman. So I specialized in cheating." He's referring to the building that he exploded on top of a bad guy to catch him. " . . . I spent the first 3 years as Batman making the job easy for myself. Turning the city into a weapon. The victory is is the preparation. So I booby-trapped every single prominent building in Gotham . . ." But he's also got some kind of mystical power. I think basically he can't be killed. Both the cops and this bad guy are trying to kill him, but to no avail. " . . . I guess the old dragon forgot to mention the bargain he made with me when I was fourteen . . . Gotham's survival . . . in return for my soul!" I don't know. Like I said . . . overall it was a good story. Pretty cool actually. With some very original ideas. But . . it like . . just came out of nowhere. I don't really understand. Maybe it's because it's issue #666. Apparently they don't care that we're confused, because there's no explanation, and next issue we go back to the regular storyline. Well . . it was a good story anyways. I guess I'll just have to enjoy it as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment