Sunday, August 12, 2007

All Flash #1 - DC


This book? I really liked it. I really only have 2 negative comments about it. I know. Big surprise. Anyways, I really don't like that cover. And then when I saw in the credits that it was by Bill Sienkiewicz . . . . I was really disappointed. Just . . . didn't like it at all. Sorry! I hated to say that. Really! Now #2, on the interior art, I liked all the artists renderings . . . except . . . Karl Kerschl's. I don't want to get mean . . but . . again, I just didn't like it. I mean, in this book we have Ian Churchill, Norm Rapmund, Manuel Garcia, Joe Bennett and Daniel Acuna. And then in the middle of it all . . . Karl's stuff. It really just didn't fit. Now the story? The story was fantastic. It was written by Mark Waid. Basically it was Wally's take on the whole resurfacing in the DC universe thing, and having to deal with Bart's passing. Also, the ironic twist that he puts on Inertia's punishment . . . was brilliant.
All of this is going to lead in to the re-lauch of the Flash title. As a special added bonus, it's going to go back to the original numbering also. The next issue out will be Flash #231. Fantastic. It's also going to be written by Mark Waid, with art by Daniel Acuna. It should be fantastic. It'll be great to see Wally back in all of his glory. Also it should be an interesting story about where he's been for the last year and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment