Sunday, August 26, 2007

Supergirl #20 - DC


Before I get started on this I would like to say that while I like Tony Bedards stories, I'm not overly thrilled with Renato Guedes' artwork. I didn't really like him on OMAC. And I like him even less on this series. I'll be much happier a couple of issues from now when they get a new regular art team. The new creative teams going to be Kelley Puckett, Drew Johnson and Ray Snyder. I'm just not thrilled with this guys art, and I really don't like him on a series that I've come to love so much. Just my 2 cents. Anyways, were starting to wrap up some of the loose ends of the Amazon's Attack story-line. Kara and Cassie went after Air-force One, but they really didn't want to hurt anyone. However, while they were there the Amazons attacked it and instead they end up having to save everyone. Well one of the flight attendants got a call out to her boyfriend when she thought she was going to die. Well after the Justice League arrives and helps them sort it out, Kara feels she has to go to Washington to try to make up some for the mistake she's made. She tries to help this group of civilians that are under fire, one of which happens to be the girls boyfriend. Long story short, he wants to hurt he because he doesn't know for sure what's happened to his girlfriend, but at the same time he knows that she's their best chance to get out of this mess. They end up helping each other and coming to an understanding. Then he gets a phone call from his girlfriend saying that she's alright. He relates her mistake to a mistake he made when he was in the marines in Somalia. Like I said, it really is a nice story. I just didn't get in to the art all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment