Saturday, May 26, 2007

Wonder Woman #7 - DC


Ok, last issue Circe abducted Nemesis. By posing as Wonder Woman and coming on to him. I mean what better way to abduct a "guy" than by posing as a beautiful woman who throws herself at him. We're just so predictable. It's really a sad state of affairs. Anyways, she leaves behind an old pair of Diana's bracelets which leads her to believe that she has him at the Wonder Woman Museum. Of course she finds Circe there, and she ends up beating the crap out of her. A little bit. "What're you gonna' do? Kill me?", Circe asks, trying to rile her up. But then she runs away into a mirror, before Wonder Woman can do anything else. Diana goes and finds Nemesis shackled and beaten elsewhere. He's really is pretty beaten up, but he hasn't lost his fight or his sense of humor. "Wonder Woman?! Is this a dream? Can't be . . you never wear that in my dreams . . ", he tells her as she picks him up and starts to take him off to get medical attention. "No? What do I wear?", she asks. "Oh, I don't know . . dessert toppings mostly." She has to stay out of the public attention, so they end up breaking in to a veterinary clinic to get some stuff to patch him up. Next they take off for a villain bar. Not really. They're all just "wanna-be's", but it's a good place to get information. It turns out that Circe is hiding out in the bathroom. They have a little tussle, and next thing you know Sgt. Steel and his DEO agents show up to take her into custody. It turns out that Nemesis had a locator chip in his uniform that he didn't know about. So it turns out that maybe Circe was working with the DEO? But why? Well on the last page she show up incognito at Themyscira. I don't know what she's up to yet, but obviously she's decided to make some play now that Wonder Woman is out of the way. And you just know, it can't be good. This new writer Jodi Picoult seems to have a pretty good handle on this character. She does a great job with the interaction scenes. Also Drew Johnson is on pencils. He's no Terry Dodson, but he does have a certain unique flair. It's not that I don't like him, but I'm a huge fan of Terry's. And I know, realistically, that Terry won't be here forever, but I'd like to see as much of his Wonder Woman as possible, before he has to move on to something else. And when that happens, if Drew takes over for him, he would be a more than adequate replacement. I would just like to see some more stuff from Terry first. I know he's back for the next 2 issues, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see after that. Overall, though, this was a very nice book, and I like the direction that we're going with the character. I'm really interested to see where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment