Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wolverine #52 - Marvel


This book has a couple of great things going for it. First, of course, is that it's a book about Wolverine. I mean . . . that should be enough. Then we have Jeff Loeb scripting it. So you know it's going to be an incredible story. And finally they have Simone Bianchi doing the artwork. Interior as well as the covers. And the artwork is really incredible looking. I'm going to make one complaint though. I guess . . . just to do it. But, the variant cover is nothing more than the regular cover, but colored differently. Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a cop-out and a rip-off. I mean, if you're going to have a variant cover, at least make it by a different artist or of a different scene. I know it's a petty complaint, but hey . . . it's my money I'm shelling out. You know? Anyways, this is some more of the story where Wolverine is having flashbacks of some time, that he can't really put his finger on. At first he just thinks they're visions. But as he learns more and more, he's starting to think that they may be memories. But . . . they're memories that he's never had before. And if they're as old as they look . . . that would make him very old, indeed. Or maybe they're just visions of a previous life or something. I don't know. Anyways, he and Creed end up in Wakanda, and T'challa and Ororo take them to an elephant burial ground that has remains of some creatures that are almost human. Wolverine recognizes it immediately because it's exactly where his visions take place. But . . . we're going to have to wait until next issue to find out some more about what's going on. But overall . . . a fantastic book.

No comments:

Post a Comment