Monday, May 28, 2007

Justice #11 - DC


This is another book that is fantastic. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but, it's true. This book is a work of art. It also occurred to me that some of you out there may not know what a "broken record" is. If you don't . . . look it up. Anyways, we got Jim Krueger and Alex Ross on the script, and Doug Braithwaite and Alex Ross on the art. And when I say art, I truly mean art. If you've been picking this up, you're familiar with the creative team because . . . well, they've been here the whole time. If you haven't been picking this up . . . then shame on you. And actually . . I feel sorry for you, because you are truly missing out on a masterpiece here. Do you see how nice this cover looks? Well . . . on the inside . . . there's not a single panel that doesn't look just as incredible. I know, it's hard to believe, but seriously! And the way these guys are handling the characters with the script, is just genius. I love the interactions with every character in this book. A couple things I can tell, just by the effort these guy are putting in to this book, 1: they've obviously been in to comic books their whole lives and 2: they love these characters and they love what they're doing. I mean seriously, this book is as near to perfection as you can get. And for those of you who haven't been buying it, it's out in 2 Trade Paperbacks already. Issue 1 collects issues #1 - #6, and issue 2 collects issues #7 - #12. So now you have no excuses. Get out there, get this book, and let yourself become truly amazed by what can be done with comic books. The story in and of itself is genius, but with this incredible are on top . . . it's just poetry baby! Get it, and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment