Monday, May 28, 2007

Outsiders Annual #1 - DC


Another great annual from DC. This one, and the Nightwing Annual are the best 2 I've seen this summer. So far. And since I'm actually a team kind of guy, I'd have to give the Outsiders Annual the edge. We finally fill in the Outsiders story-line, to wrap up the One Year Later thing. This issue the Outsiders bust Black Lightning out of jail. Of course, being who they are, it does not go off without a hitch. Basically they have to fight their way out. And Boomerang's kid, who is BL's bunkie, ends up helping them. But everyone except for Nightwing and Arsenal get caught on video. As they're making their escape their plane gets shot down. Of course they survived, but the rest of the world thinks they're dead. With BL's urging, Nightwing accepts Boomy Jr. on to the team. Arsenal gets Ollie, with his newly discovered fortune to back them, but in the process he also quits the team. And we finally get Warden Wolfe to display his powers. Overall a great issue, by Judd Winick and Scott McDaniel. There was actually a touching moment when Shift, talking to his father of sorts, Rex Mason, decides that he's just had to much heart-ache. So he decides to relinquish his life and jumps back in to Rex, merging with his host. The problem is, " . . I feel him in here. I have all his memories. His anger. His guilt. His love. I swear to you . . it's like I lived it. But . . . it's my weight to bear now. " Like I said, very nice book. And now we're caught up with the regular storyline, and we should be back on track. Well . . . as on track as you can be . . . with the Outsiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment