Saturday, May 26, 2007

Teen Titans #45 - DC


Ok, Tony Daniel has been doing the pencils on Teen Titans of late. And he is fantastic. The look and feel of these characters was great. Well, this issue, he's not here. I was really worried. But then I opened up the book, and started looking through the pages, and I was amazed. AL Barrionuevo does the pencils. You know, he used to be on Gotham Knights. And most recently on the Martian Manhunter maxi-series. Well his pencils are fantastic. I became a fan on his at the end of Gotham Knights there. But, I have to say, the stuff in this book, is leaps and bounds from that. The stuff he produces here is incredible. And the story that Adam Beechen and Geoff Johns put together here, really make this a must have book. I really just can't even describe how awesome this book is. We get to see each of the Titans, East and West in action against each other. I am kinda confused about a couple of the characters though, Duela, supposedly the Joker's daughter and the Riddlers daughter. Don't know her name. And Risk, I must've missed the stories where he was, because Robin always talks about how they used to work together. Am I wrong, or do I just not remember that? So I'm a little confused about their histories. But it looks like Duela is switching sides, and she helps Raven out. Anyways, they all break free, but they still have to fight them because they're on their island. Meanwhile, underground, Joey, Rose and Slade are having a bit of a family moment. A psychotic, over the top, beating your kids within an inch of their lives, moment. But . . . it's still a moment. Well above ground all the good Titans have been beaten, and Slade comes up carrying his children. He's trying to calm them down from killing all of them right at that moment, he wants Joey and Rose to be conscious to see it all. But then . . . on the last page . . . all the original Titans show up. Nightwing, Donna, Flash, Garth, and Cyborg. It appears that Raven and Duela went to get them. And they aren't going down without a fight. My only complaint about this all is that we finally get a Titans, East and West, and they turn out like this. But, we'll just have to wait and see where everyone lands when all the dust settles. I have a feeling things are going to be shaken up a little bit. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment