Saturday, May 26, 2007

the Spirit #5 - DC


Maybe it's me, but I just don't get the attraction to this book. I mean yeah it's got a retro look. And it's nostalgic. But the stories are pretty simple, and lame. This one is about some gangsters trying to sell off some old Russian army rations, by repackaging them, and coming up with a spiffy campaign. And they probably would've gotten away with it to, if they hadn't used the Spirit as their logo. He started looking in to it. But the whole thing doesn't comes together until one of the guys escapes the Spirit, when he come after them for a bank robbery they pulled. The guy runs to the Cossack, his real boss, who is upset because he lost the money. He's going to kill him, but he offers up the beans operation to him in return for his life. Well when the Cossack gets involved, that's when the Spirit finds out where the operation is at. They end up taking it down, capturing the Cossack, and burning up the factory with all the beans in it. Yippee! I don't know. We're 5 issues in to the series, and I really haven't gotten any more enthusiastic about the book. I'm trying to remain open minded here. But I don't know how much longer I'll be buying this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment